The Joyful Mrs Jonah
Posted on January 31st, 2018
What is my role at Menno?
This is my second year as an Educational Assistant in early elementary.
- I am the oldest of five children, I have 3 sisters and one brother. My two youngest sisters are identical twins.
- I have one husband, two daughters, one son and two dogs - a Hungarian Vizsla named Ollie and a Boston Terrier named Bogues.
- My Favourite Colour: I usually say "silver" and then people say "that isn't a colour".
- My Dream Vacation: My trips usually involve sleeping in a tent or a trailer and I often have to carry a huge backpack full of gear or paddle a kayak full of stuff across a lake so my dream vacation would be to fly somewhere hot, live on a beach for two weeks and do zero cooking or cleaning!
- My Favorite Food: I love Indian Food! Chicken Tikka, Curries and Samosas. I lived in England for 1.5 years and got introduced to Indian Food there.
- Favourite Bible Passage: "Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity." 1 Timothy 4:12
- Fun Fact that nobody knows: I married a mountain man and now I climb mountains with a rope attached to a harness, I go on overnight backpacking trips, hike, snowshoe, fish, rappel off cliffs and kayak. This winter I am learning how to ice climb and I recently climbed my first frozen waterfall and it was awesome.
What is your favourite Menno Moment?
Seeing "ah-ha" moments when kids learn and really understand something new. I also love when I get to play soccer.
Why do I love Menno?
I love the PEOPLE at Menno - students, staff, the board, school council and families of students.
My prayer for the students:
"I pray that our students will be lifelong learners and learn something new every day. Mostly I pray that they allow God to mold them and shape them into who He wants them to be."